Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Question
XArchitectX
post May 15 2008, 02:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 426

I already have 2 servers, but I was just wondering.. What type of servers do you use.. like whats the stats of them, What kind of internet connection do you guys have, how many servers do you have in a given location, and also how many games do you run on each server approx? lets say Gmod, how many gmod's can you place on each server?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
studeggle
post May 15 2008, 04:40 PM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

we use dual quad core xeons, actual chip varies, 4-8GB Ram, Raided SATA 250GB hard drives.
Exact specs vary as mahines are puchased as they are needed not in large orders, as empty machies cost money to have online and depreciate in value.
All machines are connected with dual 100MB connections.
There is no preset number of gameservers per location, we simply closly monitor the resource usage both of the entire machine and what each game is useing. This is the only way to have quality hosting still be profitable at low rates. As keeping numbers low enough that game servers couldn't over run the systm even if they were heavy with addons would result in to little coming in. And if we set it high so we can pull in the cash then we could end up with several clients on the same machine all pulling excess resources and having lag.

+Quote Post
XArchitectX
post May 16 2008, 04:34 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 426

Thanks, I was just wondering. I think it's interesting.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd February 2018 - 04:39 PM