IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Server Donation Questions?
Guest_Guest*_*
post May 18 2008, 02:28 PM
Post #1

Guests

Am thinking of hosting a relatively small server, but there is one thing am curious about, Will people be able to donate directly to my server (via a link) , without me have to create a paypal account?

thanks in advanced
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
studeggle
post May 18 2008, 02:47 PM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Guest* @ May 18 2008, 02:28 PM) *
Am thinking of hosting a relatively small server, but there is one thing am curious about, Will people be able to donate directly to my server (via a link) , without me have to create a paypal account?

thanks in advanced

This can be accomplished, but you would be responsible for raising full payment before the server would be provided, and server would be turned off if payment/donations fall behind and your bill is not covered by its due date.

Place the order and select manual payment. Then send us an email and we will generate the link for you. Please note, as stated full payment of bill must be made before server will be turned on, NO exceptions!

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post May 18 2008, 03:24 PM
Post #3

Guests

Am thinking as in, i pay for like 10 slots as you would normally, then people can donate via a link into a server fund or something which will then be billed and anything not payed by donations is then forwarded to me.that way there is no risk that the server would be shut down.

I don't mean as in the money is purely donations, but more donations just reduce the bill that comes to me in the end. (Sorry if it seems confusing)

thanks in adanced

+Quote Post
studeggle
post May 18 2008, 03:37 PM
Post #4

Administrator

As stated earlier yes they can donate straight to the bill. If you wish to have a payment form on file to complete payment at each duedate that is doable.
I wouldn't count on excess I have seen tons of clans/groups in my time but have never seen enough in donations that the head person is collecting, it just doesn't happen.

+Quote Post
Guest_guest*_*
post May 19 2008, 09:09 AM
Post #5

Guests

Hmmmm...Ok, i have a few final questions (sorry about them all)

1. Do you support all garrysmod addons?

2. How many props average would it take on a 10 slot server before the ping reached over 200ms?

3. How long average from when i pay for my server, till i have it up and running (wthout installing addons)?

+Quote Post
studeggle
post May 19 2008, 09:38 AM
Post #6

Administrator

QUOTE (guest* @ May 19 2008, 09:09 AM) *
Hmmmm...Ok, i have a few final questions (sorry about them all)

1. Do you support all garrysmod addons?

2. How many props average would it take on a 10 slot server before the ping reached over 200ms?

3. How long average from when i pay for my server, till i have it up and running (wthout installing addons)?

1. yes, and no depending on the exact context of the question. We allow you to install any addon you wish. (But if you are caught installing addons designed to try and hack the machine and get root access you will likely fail as we have preped for these and your account will be terminated without refund for violation of our TOS) And we do not personally support the addons, you are responsible for there configuration and debugging (we will provide minor assistance where reasonable). There are thousands, if not millions of addons for garrysmod with many of them updateing several times a month. It is not possible for a GSP to remain upto date on the running of each and every one of these addons.

2. This has never been tested and would depend on what your ping was to start with. Someong connecting from middle east, or China might allready have a 200ms ping. We run strong servers and have not had complaints. But we monitor resource usage and if you are getting unreasonable with your resource usage, we reserver the right in our TOS to refuse you service. Iether by refusing renewal or if its realy bad, terminating the server and refunding remainder of service fee. We are not here for you too abuse the game server, if that is your intent I suggest looking at dedicated servers becuase anything else will result in disappointment.

3. Average setup for a garrysmod would be 45mins. But that is an average, it has been as fast as 15mins on a near empty machine with the order placed right before automation time, to a little over 2 1/2 hrs for orders placed during peak activty on a machine that is nearing full.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2018 - 12:23 PM