Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Digital Paintball2 Server - All New To Me
Guest_Steve_*
post Jun 11 2008, 12:07 AM
Post #1

Guests

Please help!

I have no experience in doing this so any help will be appreciated.

I started playing Digital Paintball 2 and find that a map I like to play often is seldom available. So, I would like to have a dedicated server running that map all the time. I figure 16 players should be enough to make it enjoyable without over doing it.

So... how I do I make it all happen? Do you have someone available to walk me through the complete process?

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
studeggle
post Jun 11 2008, 08:10 AM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Steve @ Jun 11 2008, 12:07 AM) *
Please help!

I have no experience in doing this so any help will be appreciated.

I started playing Digital Paintball 2 and find that a map I like to play often is seldom available. So, I would like to have a dedicated server running that map all the time. I figure 16 players should be enough to make it enjoyable without over doing it.

So... how I do I make it all happen? Do you have someone available to walk me through the complete process?

Thanks

While we are happy to provide support and answer questions, we are not here to manage the daily affairs of your server. DGS does not charge enough to be providing a staff memeber to sit on sold servers manageing there daily activities of selecting maps, baning players, tweaking game play, ect.

If you feel you are a fast learner and just need a helping hand to get started, and will be petient realizing that a request for personal server affairs is lower priority then a broken server, then we have helped many learn and are ready and willing to help you. But if our staff are having to provide the same assist all the time and its always you want us to do it, and get nasty when it doesn't happen in 10 mins. Then DGS is not the right place, and we will show you the door (refuse to renew your service and tell you to go shop elsewhere).

1st step would be ordering the server from our "price and order" page. The number of slots refers to how many players can be on it at one time.
We would then create the game server for you. You would then have ftp and file manager access for uploading the map. If you only want one map and it would not change you could also just send us a link to where that map can be downloaded, and we will go retrieve it and add it to the server.

+Quote Post
Guest_Steve_*
post Jun 11 2008, 08:55 AM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE (studeggle @ Jun 11 2008, 08:10 AM) *
While we are happy to provide support and answer questions, we are not here to manage the daily affairs of your server. DGS does not charge enough to be providing a staff memeber to sit on sold servers manageing there daily activities of selecting maps, baning players, tweaking game play, ect.

If you feel you are a fast learner and just need a helping hand to get started, and will be petient realizing that a request for personal server affairs is lower priority then a broken server, then we have helped many learn and are ready and willing to help you. But if our staff are having to provide the same assist all the time and its always you want us to do it, and get nasty when it doesn't happen in 10 mins. Then DGS is not the right place, and we will show you the door (refuse to renew your service and tell you to go shop elsewhere).

1st step would be ordering the server from our "price and order" page. The number of slots refers to how many players can be on it at one time.
We would then create the game server for you. You would then have ftp and file manager access for uploading the map. If you only want one map and it would not change you could also just send us a link to where that map can be downloaded, and we will go retrieve it and add it to the server.

I'm not looking for you to hold my hand. I'm a quick learner. Get me started and I'll take it from there. You may hear from me from time to time but only if I just can't get the situation solved.

I have the map... Is the game itself already on the server?

Thanks,

+Quote Post
studeggle
post Jun 11 2008, 09:45 AM
Post #4

Administrator

We keep copies of all games on our machines localy, then upon order the game is copied from our local storage to your location.

+Quote Post
Guest_Steve_*
post Jun 11 2008, 10:30 AM
Post #5

Guests

QUOTE (studeggle @ Jun 11 2008, 09:45 AM) *
We keep copies of all games on our machines localy, then upon order the game is copied from our local storage to your location.

Ok!

I ordered the server.. awaiting email...

+Quote Post
studeggle
post Jun 11 2008, 11:08 AM
Post #6

Administrator

QUOTE (Steve @ Jun 11 2008, 10:30 AM) *
Ok!

I ordered the server.. awaiting email...

You should have already recieved it, you account has been setup since 9:30am, you might check your spam box since they are automated emails and spam filters don't like computer generated emails.

Also the account was setup with the usrname/password you specified on order so you should be able to log into the game control panel and retrieve you servers information from there if you can't find the emails.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2018 - 07:12 AM