Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pre Purchase Enquiry
Lissa
post Jun 11 2008, 12:41 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 431

Hello, Im thinking about purchasing a web host service from you for an rp site, and wondered if there was any website set up help. I know how to do pages etc but I do not know how to set up a member database and have that link to the various pages i wish to have. Could you let me know please because its not possible at this time due to personal reasons for me to spend the time learning how to do it unless there is a very very easy way to learn it, but since the theme of my site is roleplay and I have shops and guilds, and inns and quests etc, the character stat info is important and i am guessing will not be that simple to set up.

Thanks in advance for the help

Lissa
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
studeggle
post Jun 11 2008, 08:20 AM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

We are willing to do minor assist like helping to identify why a script won't install, or why you are getting an error message. We will also on a time available basis do script installs for a bit. But we do not go hunting down scripts to accomplish a customers desires, and we do not write scripts for things.

Interacting with a database is more then HTML it would require a script (php,ASP, .NET, ect) and is not something picked up over night even by a talented person. So unless you know a lot more then it is sounding like you know, you would need to find a prewritten script that has the features you are looking for. As I said earlier we are willing on a time available basis to do a script install to get you going so if you found it (and bought it if its not free) we could handle the installation, but you may have to wait a bit longer for that to be completed.

Please note, both yourself and others reading. We do free script installs to help you get going, NOT as an every time you find a new script you would like to try out. So please do not purchase our web service figuring you can put in a request for a new script to be installed every month, as we will tell you that you have to figure out how to start doing it yourself.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_Lissa_*_*
post Jun 28 2008, 12:16 AM
Post #3

Guests

Thank you, i should be able to find or write alot of the codes myself. But does registering allow me access to the databases needed to run & link all the features i need?

+Quote Post
studeggle
post Jun 28 2008, 05:49 AM
Post #4

Administrator

Yes you will have full access to your databases.

+Quote Post
Lissa
post Jun 28 2008, 07:52 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (studeggle @ Jun 28 2008, 09:49 PM) *
Yes you will have full access to your databases.

Awesome, thanks for the help and the patience... will be joining the dragon game servers family soon.

Lissa

+Quote Post
Lissa
post Jun 28 2008, 08:13 AM
Post #6

Oops, sorry forgot to ask.... and i bet the answer is obvious but me being me i need to ask lol.. I am asuming that if I start out with the bronze web host package just to see how i go, i can upgrade at any time to either the silver or gold packages?

And also is there a list or somthing of any websites that are using your web hosting service that potential customers can look at or is that unrealist to ask lol..

+Quote Post
studeggle
post Jun 28 2008, 09:01 AM
Post #7

Administrator

Yes you can upgrade/downgrade you web hosting at any time.

I'm afraid we honor our customers privacy top most, so we placed up the testemonial forum so those wanting to can say something, but we do not give out names of customers.

+Quote Post
Lissa
post Jun 29 2008, 07:48 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (studeggle @ Jun 29 2008, 01:01 AM) *
I'm afraid we honor our customers privacy top most, so we placed up the testemonial forum so those wanting to can say something, but we do not give out names of customers.

Fair enough, thats understandable.

I am new to this type of hosted website, having only had experience with the msn sites, so at the risk of making you totally sick of me and my stupid questions, if you could bare with me, I have a couple more:

I have searched and learnt and worked out that basically i need to set up a membership website so that i can evolve my rpg world into exactly what i want, i currently have a free hosted site but i cant use membership software there as its a closed database, I am assuming that by having access to the database this would mean that I could use any membership software I purchase to set up the member database?..

The site i am currently on also has an existing forum wizard so I cant use any phpbb software either, I assume I am able to use this on the website i get from you?

I also assume I can use any website templates I have?

And lastly, is there a web site wizard with your sites or do i need to completely learn how to do each page, i have thus far only built my sites with wizards.. (yeah i know, im soooo new to this sorry)

Ok.. so that is it I am sure.. I cant think of anything else I need, other than more brain cells rolleyes.gif

Im really sorry if i am being annoying..

Lissa

+Quote Post
studeggle
post Jun 29 2008, 09:17 PM
Post #9

Administrator

I could use any membership software I purchase to set up the member database?
Yes as long as it uses a database type we support MySQL or Access. Due to liscencing costs we do not host MSSQL.

I assume I am able to use this on the website i get from you?
Yes we support all forum software, at least that I am aware of.

I also assume I can use any website templates I have?
Yes you can have any template you choose.

And lastly, is there a web site wizard with your sites or do i need to completely learn how to do each page, i have thus far only built my sites with wizards
There is not a wizard. We offered this for a while, but it resulted in to many trouble tickets, and liscencing cost too much. So we quit offering this feature.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2018 - 07:15 AM