IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ps3 Dedicated Game Server?
Guest_Benjamin Garrett_*
post Jun 18 2008, 10:34 AM
Post #1

Guests

I am wondering if you guys would be willing to work with me to set up a dedicated PS3 server? Would it be difficult to hook up a PS3 into your existing infrastructure? If you guys are willing I would love to discuss it more? I'm sure it is a small demograph, ps3 owners wanting to rent ps3 dedicated servers... But I have a Metal Gear Online clan and feel that having dedicated clan servers similar to that of PC games is what online console game is missing. Anyways thanks for your time and consideration.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
studeggle
post Jun 18 2008, 11:08 AM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

While our infastructure can handle it, and it has been done for personal use. It requires a PS3, and those are not cheap and we have never felt this type of hosting made economical sence.
PS3 servers are fine for the individual with a bunch of friends with PS3 and they take turns with one not playing. And I have seen some companies try to provide it on a comercial scale. But we have never found a business plan that would work.
As customers don't want to pay for the company to buy a PS3 for every server they setup, but $15 - $30 a month would never pay off the PS3 as the bandwidth and power must still be paid for. Along with the customer service involved.
If you wanted to loan a PS3 (where youd come up with it I don't know) to us we could work with you, in sticking it in our infastructure. But I'm afraid DGS will not be going out and purchasing PS3s to host PS3 servers.

+Quote Post
Guest_Benjamin Garrett_*
post Jun 19 2008, 06:12 AM
Post #3

Guests

Actually I do own 2 PS3's so I would not have a problem with lending it to you guys. The problem with myself is I live in the barracks and high-speed internet is limited. I suppose I would need a copy of the game software to send with as well? If that is the largest hurdle, my next question is, what about server customization, its going to have to be done with out scripts so would increase the price due to increased maintenance?

+Quote Post
studeggle
post Jun 19 2008, 08:36 AM
Post #4

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

First off any chance we could move ths discussion to email. Anything stated in the forums can be held against us in the future so therefore any deal has to be something we are willing to issue to anyone. On the other hand by email precise details can be worked out and a deal made specifically for you and your situation. I am the owner and can be reached at david at dragongameservers dot com. If it is a yahoo email I will switch to my yahoo account to avoid emails being filtered.
On cost there are plusses and minus working on this. You are actually working with more of a collocation deal then a game hosting deal given you are providing the equipment. This brings cost down. That of course would be countered by the fact that more hans on work would be needed, and actually the cost of hands on work would very by location due to what staff would be working the issue and how much free space is available.

I will have to go do research on bandwidth requirments for that game, as truth be told I felt it was just another person wanting us to go buy a PS3 and provide hands support all for our minimum per slot cost, which I explained doesn't work, so I have some homework and tests to run before providing firm quotes.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2018 - 12:29 AM